Erzurum Ulu Mosque, located next to the çifte Minareli Madrasa, was built by Ebü’l Feth Mehmed by Nasirüddin Muhammed, Saltukoğulları, in 1179. However, only the qibla wall remained originally from this first building.
Its current state consists of 24 stone pillars connected by pointed arches and domes and vaults built on 16 wall pillars. It is an original work of art that takes its place in the integrity of Turkish art with its architectural understanding that emphasizes the central space where the mihrab is located and its geometrical motif stone decoration.
Within the scope of the project, the survey projects of Erzurum Ulu Mosque were prepared and landscaping projects were carried out. The structure is accurately documented by measuring it with a 3D laser scanner. The aim of the projects has been to conserve the building as a work of art as well as a historical document.